Kain is a fictional character and the titular character that appears in the Legacy of Kain series of video games. Depending on the game and its viewpoint, Kain has been either the central protagonist or an antagonist, but in all his depictions, he is an anti-hero, interested only in his own goals. The character was designed by Denis Dyack and voiced in all his appearances by Simon Templeman.
An arrogant noble murdered and revived as a vampire, Kain embarked on a crusade to kill his assassins and then be restored to human form. When he came to revere his powers, Kain turned his back on his prophesied duty and became a vampire lord ruling over the land. Kain's attentions later turned to averting his destined doom at the hands of his lieutenant Raziel. Kain's manipulations of Raziel in the hopes of changing his destiny effectively set in motion the events that make up most of the Legacy of Kain series.
Kain was a nobleman from the city of Coorhagen. He fled his city due to a plague that was killing everyone. After being refused in a tavern in Ziegsturl, he is murdered by a group of brigands and impaled in their sword. He awakes in the underworld, deeply angered and hungry for vengeance. The necromancer Mortanius offers him a chance to take his vengeance, which he foolishly accepts without considering the costs.
He wakes up in his mausoleum and notices he had been turned into a vampire, though he couldn't care less. Leaving his mausoleum, he finds the brigands and kills them one by one, satisfying his vengeance. But Mortanius reminds him that they were merely the instruments, and not the cause of his assassination, leading him to the Pillars of Nosgoth for answers. There, he finds the ghost of Ariel, who claims his curse will end only after he kills all of the corrupted guardians of the pillars and restore the balance of the land. Without much choice he follows her advice, going after Nupraptor the Mentalist, who was the one poisoning the Circle. After killing Nupraptor, he goes after Malek the Paladin, but is unable to defeat him. He then seeks the advice of the Oracle of Nosgoth, who leads him after the vampire Vorador and also advises him about the King Ottmar and the Legions of Nemesis. He meets with Vorador in his mansion, who gives him a ring in case he ever needs help. He then goes to the Dark Eden, where the guardians Bane, DeJoule and Anacrothe are.
Anacrothe flees at the sight of Kain and summons Malek. Kain then summons Vorador, who fights Malek while Kain goes after Bane and DeJoule. After defeating the two, Kain finds Malek's armor scattered in the ground, signing that Vorador killed him. Next, Kain travels to the city of Avernus, where Azimuth the Planer is summoning beasts from other dimensions to destroy everything. In the large Avernus Cathedral, he finds the legendary Soul Reaver, using it to kill Azimuth and picking a Time Streaming Device that was in her possession. Following the advice of the Oracle of Nosgoth, Kain goes to Willendorf after the King Ottmar to get help to fight the Nemesis, but discovers that the king is mourning for his princess, whose soul had been stole by Elzevir the Dollmaker. Kain then finds and kill Elzevir, retrieving the doll that contained the princess's soul. Ottmar then gathers his army to fight the Legions of Nemesis in the Battle of Last Stand, with Kain helping in the battle. However, Ottmar is killed during the battle, as his army is overwhelmed by the invaders, forcing Kain to use the Time Streaming Device to escape.
Kain ends somewhere in the past and after killing a peasant, he finds out that he was sent fifty years back, also noticing that Moebius the Time-Streamer was after the king William the Just. Deducing Moebius had a hand in turning William into the Nemesis, he decides to slay William. He enters his stronghold and finds the king, who is also wielding the Soul Reaver. Kain slays him and, after dispatching of his soldiers, he conveniently finds another Time Streaming Device, using it to go back to his own era. Once there, he finds no traces of the Nemesis and his legions, but hears the noise of a large crowd and smells the blood of vampires. He finds the crowd, and watches as Vorador is being executed by Moebius, who then sends the mob after Kain, claiming he is the last vampire in the land. Just then Kain realizes he's being playing for a fool all along, as Moebius manipulated him to exterminate all vampires. He kills the mob and defeats the warriors Moebius summons, killing Moebius shortly after.
Mortanius congratulates him and summons him to the Pillars, where the grand finale will be set. Once there, Kain finds Anacrothe and Mortanius arguing, then discovering that it was Mortanius himself who ordered his death so he could kill all the corrupted sorcerers. After Mortanius kills Anacrothe, Kain promises Mortanius he won't escape his fate, but Mortanius had already accepted it, claiming that there's still one more guardian to kill. After killing Mortanius, his body starts to mutate, revealing the true enemy. The Hylden Lord, who had possessed Mortanius, mocks Kain for being his pawn all along. Kain kills him, and just then realizes he is the last guardian of the pillars.
Ariel then gives him the two choices: either he sacrifices himself, ending his curse and restoring Nosgoth but ensuring the vampires's extinction, or he doesn't sacrifices himself, damning Nosgoth forever but allowing the vampires to recover. Out of pure selfishness and angered by the fact that everyone manipulated him all the time, Kain chooses to not sacrifice himself. The pillars immediately shatter, and Nosgoth slowly starts to decay.
Blood Omen 2
Note: these events only happen after the timeline is altered in Soul Reaver 2
After condemning Nosgoth to ruin, Kain builds an army of vampires to start to take over Nosgoth and become it's ruler. However, a mysterious warlord, who actually was the Hylden Lord, recreated the Sarafan Order and started a quest of his own to rule Nosgoth, calling himself the Sarafan Lord. Kain proceeds to Meridian, where he finds the Sarafan Lord and engages him in battle. However, Kain was betrayed by his most trusted lieutenants and felt in an ambush. He is defeated, and the Sarafan Lord claims the Soul Reaver for himself. Kain is thought to be dead, so the Sarafan Lord conquers Nosgoth. After 400 years, Kain awakes on a strange room and is greeted by Umah. She explains that she is a member of the Cabal, a resistance group of vampires, and he were being secured all this time.
Kain immediately resumes his quest to kill the Sarafan Lord, but is forced to take Umah's advice due to his weakened state. Kain finds Faustus, one of the vampires who betrayed him and after killing him, he finds the leader of the Cabal, who is none other than a resurrected Vorador. Vorador tells him to look after the Nexus Stone, the artifact that the Sarafan Lord used to defeat him, if he was to defeat the Sarafan Lord. On his way to the stone, he finds Marcus and Sebastian, two other traitors, and kills them. Sebastian tells him about The Device, an ancient weapon that the Sarafan Lord plans to use to kill all humans and vampires of Nosgoth. He then goes after the Seer to find the location of the Device, and is teleported by her while her house is attacked. Once in the location of the Device, Kain finds an ugly beast who recognizes Kain, telling him that he must find the Builder, the one who created the Device and the only one who knows how to destroy it, leading him to the Eternal Prison.
Once in the prison, he finds the builder who reveals that the Device channels the power of a creature known as The Mass, and only the blood of a Hylden can kill it. The Builder then offers his own blood to Kain. Kain is assaulted by a crazy vampire in the Prison, and after fighting him continuously, the vampire recovers his consciousness, revealing that he is Magnus, one of Kain's lieutenants, that was put in that place by the Sarafan Lord. Kain kills him as a way of mercy, and goes after the Device. He poisons the Mass, killing it and rendering the Device useless. Looking for the beast who led him, he finds that it was Janos Audron, who was mutated due to the Mass's influence.
Janos had been trapped there to feed the Mass. Janos teleports Kain and himself to where Vorador is, and Kain goes to the Hylden city to exact his revenge. He faces the Sarafan Lord and throws the Nexus Stone in the Hylden Gate, which starts to close. Janos appears to help Kain, but is thrown into the gate by the Sarafan Lord. This allows Kain to recover the Soul Reaver, killing the Sarafan Lord and reclaiming Nosgoth for himself.
Kain takes over Nosgoth and recreates the vampires. He erects the Sanctuary of the Clans around the collapsed Pillars of Nosgoth, placing his throne in the Pillar of Balance, his pillar. He resurrects the Sarafan Inquisitors as vampires, giving each of them a portion of his soul. Each of his newborn lieutenants create their own clans, which spread throughout Nosgoth. Kain orders the sky to be covered with smoke and all bodies of water to be drought, except the Lake of the Dead, which is a large vortex that Kain used to throw all traitors and weaklings. Most of the humans were wiped out, and few were kept alive just for amusement.
When Kain started to grow bored, he would pit the warriors of each clan into fighting just to keep him entertained. During some centuries, Kain would lay dormant and awake with some kind of evolution, with all of his lieutenants following shortly after. However, one day, his first-born lieutenant Raziel came to his master to show his evolution, a pair of bat-like wings. Raziel couldn't anticipate Kain's reaction: he simply ripped his wings, apparently out of jealously. Raziel was labeled a traitor, and ordered to be thrown into the Lake of the Dead. There, Raziel slowly sank for centuries while being corroded by the acidic water. Strangely, Raziel awoke at the bottom of the Abyss, completely disfigured. He is greeted by The Elder God, who tells him that Kain's abominations were keeping the souls from completing their cycle and spun the Wheel of Fate. He tells Raziel to go after Kain and exact his revenge.
Raziel emerges from the Abyss, only to discover that the vampires had become monstrous beasts during the time he was gone. He goes after his clan's territory, but finds the place desolated. Kain had wiped out all of his clan, which made Raziel even more angry. Raziel finds his brother Melchiah, who tells him Kain only appears where and when he wants. After killing Melchiah, Raziel goes to the Sanctuary of the Clans, where Kain appears, apparently unsurprised by Raziel's miraculous resurrection, but rather expecting him to appear. After some arguing, the two fight, but Kain easily stuns Raziel and attacks him with the Soul Reaver. However, the sword shatters when entering in contact with Raziel.
Kain flees, but Raziel is left intrigued by the fact that Kain was actually satisfied with that outcome. The spirit of the sword fuses with Raziel, becoming a wraith blade. Raziel goes after his other brothers, Zephon, Rahab and Dumah, kills them and follows to the Oracle's Cave, where he senses Kain is hiding. This cave, which was used by Moebius, contained many devices that showed Raziel his future. He then enters the Chronoplast Chamber, where Kain was waiting for him. Kain tells him that he had foreseen all of Nosgoth's history thanks to Moebius's devices, and after a brief fight, invites Raziel into a time portal. Cautiously, Raziel steps on it, and finds himself in front of Moebius.
Soul Reaver 2
Raziel finds himself thirty years before Kain's decision at the pillars, when the circle was corrupted. He is greeted by Moebius, who apparently was expecting him, but Raziel attacks him, knowing his true nature. Moebius reasons with him, telling that he didn't needed to trust him, but since they had a common enemy, Kain, he should follow his advice. Raziel meets Kain at the pillars, who warns him to stay away from Moebius. Raziel is eager to kill Kain, who simply asks Raziel to see what was about to happen. Suddenly, a large shockwave bursts in the sky, and the pillars crack, showing their corruption. This was the moment of Ariel's assassination and Kain's birth, also the moment when Nupraptor corrupts the circle.
Kain metaphorically explains to Raziel about his decision at the pillars, comparing it to a coin tossed. If it falls on one side, he sacrifice himself, but ensure the vampires extinction, thus damning Nosgoth. If it falls on the other side, he doesn't sacrifice himself, ensuring the vampires won't be extincted but damning Nosgoth. Either way, Nosgoth was already condemned, thanks to Moebius's genocidal war against the vampires. But Kain tells about a third option: if the coin is tossed too many times, and falls on it's edge. This is what Kain was seeking all along, and Raziel was the key. Kain vanishes, leaving Raziel wondering. They meet again in the Sarafan Stronghold, where Kain explains that history is already written, and everyone just carry out their predestined paths. Yet, he was able to alter history by killing William the Just, so he explains that Moebius made sure both would be armed with the Soul Reaver. This created a paradox that enabled him to rewrite history, due to the nature of the sword.
He tells Raziel he is the only being who truly have free will, and thus is able to rewrite history. Kain gives Raziel the Reaver blade, because this was the moment when Kain was fated to be killed by him. Raziel's hands are pulled, as the sword draws near Kain to kill him. Kain sits to the floor, waiting for Raziel to Kill him. Raziel uses all his strength and strikes the blade on William's sarcophagus. Soon, everything starts to shake. Kain explains that history abhorred a paradox, and is reshuffling itself to accommodate the changes caused by Raziel's decision. Kain tells Raziel he must seek his own answers and leaves. Raziel decides to go to the past to meet Janos Audron, the one who created the Reaver. He finds Moebius and orders him to operate the Time Streaming Device to take him to the past, but Moebius sends him to the future, one-hundred years after Kain's decision. Raziel travels in the wasteland trying to find a way back to past, and once again meets Kain, who were following him. Kain tells him Janos holds the answers he seek, but dark forces are trying to stop both of them from fulfilling their destinies.
He also tells that Moebius was just a puppet of “them”. Raziel manages to go back to the Age of Sarafan, fifty years before Kain's decision, and finally meets with Janos, who explains that he is destined to save Nosgoth and the Reaver was forged to be his weapon. They are interrupted by the Sarafan Inquisitors, who capture Janos and take Janos's heart. Raziel then sees his human self, swearing to retrieve the heart and kill them all. On the Sarafan Stronghold, he finds the Reaver but is held back by Moebius and Malek, who leave him to confront the Inquisitors. Raziel, armed with the Reaver, kills the Inquisitors and his human self, but then the Reaver turn on him and starts absorbing his soul. Just then he realizes he is the soul-devouring entity inside the Soul Reaver.
Kain appears, and tells Raziel to give on to the blade. When his soul become one with the blade, the space-distortion occurs, signing a paradox is in motion. Kain then takes the blade out of Raziel, creating a paradox. As history reshuffles, new memories start to bloom on Kain's mind, who is horrified by it, telling they had just fallen in the trap of the Hylden. Kain warns Raziel to not resurrect Janos, but Raziel goes back to the spectral realm, very weakened by the sword.
Kain, stranded in the Age of Sarafan, goes to the Sarafan Stronghold, expecting to find Moebius to learn where Raziel is. He finds Moebius in an underground chamber. Moebius uses his staff to paralyze Kain and threatens him, telling him his messianic delusions had blinded him to Raziel's true nature. He leaves Kain behind, but Kain goes after him, finding him again in the tower of the stronghold. Before Moebius can do anything, he telekinetically removes Moebius's Staff and demands to know where Raziel is. Moebius claims that Raziel was not in that era, and that he was not what Kain thought he was. After Kain asks for proof, Moebius tells him to go west to the Pillars and vanishes.
Without much choice, Kain goes there, but finds only an empty vista. He initially believes this was just a bad joke by the time-streamer, but he sees a stone tablet with the carving of the Balance Emblem. Kain collects all fragments of the emblem and fits them on the tablet. As the fog disappears, he finally sees the ancient Vampire Citadel. Kain goes to the citadel and breaks on the inner chamber, where a voice calls him. Claiming to be the oracle of Kain's ancestors, this voice tells Kain he can read on his mind and knows he is after Raziel. The voice shows an image of Raziel in the pool, telling Raziel is fifty years in the future, looking for Janos's heart. The voice creates a portal and tells Kain to step on it if he wants to stop Raziel. Kain obviously doesn't trust this so-called oracle, but since he had no choice he goes into the portal, arriving in Avernus in the Blood Omen era. He meets with Raziel, who is under the influence of the Hylden in the place. Raziel is infuriated and wants to kill Kain there and now, but Kain tries to reason with him, telling him he is once again being manipulated. Kain is forced to fight with Raziel, and after a big struggle, he knocks Raziel.
Raziel, in a swift attack, takes out Kain's heart, which is actually the heart of Janos Audron that he had been looking for. He pushes Kain, who falls into a portal and disappears. Just then Raziel snaps back and notices he had being manipulated again. Kain awakes in a strange place, where voices threaten him. He notices that he is in the Demon Dimension, and manages to escape. Kain feels compelled to go to the Vampire Citadel, going there unaware of what had happened there. Kain enters the inner chamber, and finds Moebius, who were apparently resurrected, talking with someone. Kain impales him, but Moebius claims that he serves one who has power over death. Kain examines Moebius's Staff, but Moebius rises again. Kain instinctively impales him, but then his looks change into Raziel. He tries to take out the blade, but Raziel impedes him, telling him he will need the Soul Reaver to fight the "True Enemy".
Raziel uses his spirit-imbued wraith blade to purify Kain from his corruption, as his soul becomes one with the Reaver. Just then, Kain is able to see The Elder God for the first time. Kain then understands that he is the true enemy and engages the large creature in combat, slicing his tentacles and attacking his eye. The Elder God tries to bury Kain under the rubble, but Kain teleports himself out of the place. The true villain had been exposed, and for the first time in his entire life, Kain senses a bit of hope for Nosgoth.
Iron Sword: Kain's heirloom-quality blade he started out with back in the first Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain series.
Mace: This allows Kain to stun his enemies in close quarters combat
Axes: These brutal duel-wielding weapons perfect for Kain to cut bloody swaths through multiple enemies.Kain can't use magic or items while duel-wielding these axes.
Flame Sword: More powerful then the Iron Sword in addition to the fact it causes fire damage to his foes.
The Soul Reaver
"Time fades even legend, and the origin of Soul Reaver has been lost long ago. But its purpose remains – to feed on the souls of any creature it strikes. Kindred, this blade and I."
"The Soul Reaver, Kain's ancient blade – older than any of us, and a thousand times more deadly. The legends claimed that the blade was possessed, and thrived by devouring the souls of its victims. For all our bravado, we knew what it meant when Kain drew the Soul Reaver in anger – it meant you were dead."
The most powerful weapon in Kain's weaponry arsenal,It is a flamberge-class sword with a broad, undulating serpentine blade,The sword is forged with metal and with the energy of the Pillars of Nosgoth, making the sword (like the pillars), indestructible.(The sword only can be destroyed by a paradox, like fight with another version of the same sword or traing to absorb his own soul).
The Reaver was originally an enchanted sword, forged by Vorador at the Ancient vampires' behest to destroy their prophesied adversary, the Hylden champion. It could drain its victims' Blood, but was altered when it absorbed the soul of the time-traveling wraith Raziel. Hereafter, Raziel's spirit inhabited the blade, and it obtained the ability to devour the souls of those it struck. Much later in Nosgoth's history, when Kain attacked Raziel with the physical blade, it proved unable to devour its younger self, and shattered, releasing Raziel's soul (the Wraith Blade)
As mentioned above,the sword at the beginning had the capacity to absorb the blood of the person who struck it, not needing to cut the enemy,After absorbing Wraith Raziel,the sword is able to devour the souls of the creature that strikes,to absorb the soul of wraith Raziel, the sword is made of two parts" The material/physical " and the "spectral" by this, the sword attacks in a multi-dimensional way, attacking in the spectral and material realm to the same time.The sword also has other abilities like: the ability to increase his power when hit or by absorbing a soul, drain the energy life when strike, can destroy magical barriers like: Holy barriers, earth and ice barriers and protective barriers, also can project energy, cast energy projectiles or an energy explosion.
The sword has access to various abilities thanks to an artifact called "Balance Emblem": This embles it's made of 5 pieces,the central piece is call "Balance" and the other four: "Time","Dimension","Lightning"(Energy) and "Flame"(Conflict),and gives to The Soul Reaver a unique power
Balance: Surrounds the reaver with red energy,that increases the damage that the sword can make,also allows to make a energy onde weave and destroy holy barriers from one single hit
Dimension: Allows Kain to /quickly teleport or move quickly between dimensions and attacking several enemies consecutively, ignore speed.Also, the green energy that surrounds the sword,when attack,reflect the damage, damage nearby enemies
Flame (Conflict): The sword is surrounded with fire, his hits set fire to the enemy by a short time, also gives to Kain the ability to pyrokinesis, at long range and can induce anger in nearby enemies, make that they attack each other
Lightning (Energy): The hits create a chain of electricity rays that hit the nearby enemies
Time: The hits slow stuck enemies and can time slow in area
The sword can also manipulate the: Air, fire, ice, light, earth, darkness and spirit.
Light Reaver: Blinds enemies,one by one or in area, operates crystal oriented devices)
Dark Reaver: Make the user invisible, can create matter from darkness, creating mini-shadows that chase and hit enemies
Fire Reaver: His strikes burns enemies and can make an explosion of fire
Air Reaver: His strikes create whirlwinds and can make a tornado
Water Reaver: his stucks freezing enemies and can make a exploxion of ice.Able to freeze water
Earth Reaver: Grants the user control over his own weight, used to create earth bridges, his attacks reflect in nearby enemies.
Spirit Reaver: The only Reaver attuned to the Balance element, can purification and increases much the power of the Blade,the Sword increase his powers,that can harm to The Elder Gos,a being with Universal Durability.
The sword being in contact with another version of it (whether physical or spectral), has the ability to distorcion reality,Kain as Scion of Balance, meets the requirement,since within he has a spectral version of the sword inside him (Spirit Reaver) and has the Soul Reaver, so Kain is able to manipulate reality with the sword,beacuse he is a walking time-paradox.This is confirmed, by a developer, saying that Kain is out of destiny, (something that can only be done, by joining two Soul Reavers, creating a temporary paradox), by being Purified
Also gives Kain something call: Acausality; Type 2: "Temporal Singularity: Characters with this type of Acausality do not exist in either the past or the future, only the present. This means they cannot be affected by changes to the past, while also making them resistant to Precognition that works by viewing the future, as they do not exist within it, and Fate Manipulation, for the same reason. In essence, they are able to choose their own fates, but they remain just as vulnerable at the point in time in which they do exist".
Iron Armor: Kain's standard armor back in Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain,gives kain high protection and resistance to fire
Bone Armor: When Kain is wearing this armor, weaker undead enemies will ignore him instantly the moment they are within radius.
Chaos Armor: When Kain is wearing this armor, any enemy that attacks him will take the same amount of damage he takes
Flesh Armor: When Kain is wearing this armor, it causes victims near-by to be instantly sucked from their blood, replenishing Kain's health.
Wraith Armor: When Kain is wearing this armor, it causes him to take 50% the normal amount of damage at the cost of his mana.
Flay: Flay artifacts were projectiles that homed in on an enemy, then ripped the flesh from its bones.
Implode: If these projectiles struck an enemy, their body rapidly compressed. The remains exploded when the internal pressure became too great to be contained.
Slow Time: Slow Time artifacts worked like a spell. All enemies and creatures in the area moved at a quarter of their normal speed for a limited time.
Font of Putrescence: These artifacts were homing projectiles that caused enemies to decompose upon contact. The pool left by their dissolved bodies acted as a trap, promising the same fate to anyone that stood in it.
Pentaliche of Tarot: Tarot randomly picked how Kain's enemies would die. There were five different outcomes that could be dealt, and it killed all assailants who were in close proximity to Kain. From observation, it appeared that the five outcomes were as follows:
- Dissolve (Font of Putrescence).
- Explode into lots of tiny bits (like Flay, but with no skeleton left).
- Exploding dismemberment (bigger bits left than 4, like when the Soul Reaver was used).
Anti-Toxin: If Kain became poisoned, Anti-Toxin was the cure. These artifacts were particularly useful around Dark Eden, where Kain was frequently poisoned by the mutant inhabitants.
Energy Bank: These artifacts filled Kain's magic reserves for a while, but when their effect faded, Kain was left with no magical energy at all. Despite this disadvantage, the Energy Banks were valuable for use with the Soul Reaver. They ensured Kain had the magical energy needed for the sword to show its full potential.
Powers and abilities
Superhuman Physical Characteristics:
Kain like all vampires,has physical capabilities such as strength, speed, stamina, reflexes, etc.Much higher than a normal human, being able to move objects of thousands of tons, dodge attacks at real lightning speed, fight for days, etc.These capabilities have been increased, due to its hundreds/thousands years of evolution and by consuming blood.
Strength: From his youth and rebirth as a vampire, Kain had superhuman strength, being able to move rocks between 20 and 30 tons effortlessly, as for the force of his blows, he was able to pierce the chest of highly armored soldiers and tear them away The heart without effort.
Being Elder, he only showed a feat, humiliating Raziel in physical strength, Raziel was able to tear down a stone obelisk of more than 1000 tons with little effort, Raziel at its maximum can probably lift rounding 2000 tons, now Kain was able to humiliate Raziel in force with one arm without any effort, while Raziel struggled to free himself from the grip with both arms and with a visible effort, Raziel is not even able to move his wrist, all while Kain spoke casually, to be able to do such a feat, Kain should be at least 3 to 5 times stronger than Raziel, and this taking into account that it was only one arm. Kain by consuming blood and over the years, his physical strength increases, if we add that Kain likes to face groups or even army of enemies alone, and that 500 years have passed since the feat previously mentioned, his strength will have increased considerably.
With all of the above, Kain's lifting force must exceed 10,000 tons, and the strength / energy of his physical blows should be able to destroy at least multiple buildings,likely more.
Claws: Kain like all Vampires have Claws, which are "A Natural Weapon", Vampires start with small claws,after hundreds of years of Evolution, their claws join with their hands,as if they were fingers,these claws are much bigger,wide and sharp than their predecessors,they are able to pierce/cut stone and different types of metal,From highly armoured armour,to large metal/steel cubes with great ease, which allows them to climb walls and basically cut their victims in two, this added to the strength of Kain, makes it very dangerous in close combat,even without weapons.
Speed: Kain as a vampire has superhuman speed, is able to dodge arrows,other kind of projectiles,and fight against other Vampires in a casual way, as well as humiliate groups of trained humans, the greatest feats of speed were performed being Elder, after being weakened, because they had ripped him off the heart and was thrown into another dimension, he was able to face several demons called "Lightning Demons":
" Description: This variant of abyssal demon seemingly has been spawned from lightning pummeled depth of some wind blown and storm enraged dimension. This demon prefers close range usually but can easily supplement itself at long range with its quick and accurate lightning projectiles. Whether at close or medium range, the demon's options of attack are many in number and all brutal.
•Crack of Lightning: This bread-and-butter attack of the Lightning Demon utilizes its massive pinchers to call out and focus the tremendous electrical forces that writhe within the confines of its infernal body. These blasts are as quick and deadly as a lightning bolt from the sky.
•Electrical Displacement: The secondary ability of the Lightning Demon is the ability to teleport itself between two points. As quick as a bolt of lightning, the Lightning demon is able to dissolve its physical form into pure electricity. Thusly transformed the Lightning Demon can instantaneously travel through the material realm and reform its body at a completely different location. This ability is extremely devious as it provides both a quick escape in times of trouble and as well a devious and offensive strategic move.
―Legacy of Kain: Defiance: Prima's Official Strategy Guide"
Kain was able to easily fight and defeat 4 of these demons together, and was able to easily dodge, multiple times the attack "Crack of Lightning", in addition to that, he was able to fight and win over Raziel, who also fought against same demons and dodge the same type of attacks, therefore Kain is able to react,dodge, fight and attack at speeds, higher than the lightning (Massively Hypersonic + speeds), in addition to all the above, Kain has abilities that allow him move /attack, faster than its natural speed (Mist Form,Berserk).
Durability/Endurace/Toughness/Hardness: Kain as a vampire, has a superhuman durability, let's see the examples there are: He is able to withstand all kinds of blows, either with sharp, blunt weapons,etc,withstand magical explosions and normal exlosions, all this without suffering any damage.When he was young he started to wear different armours, but when he became an Elder, due to his evolutions, his skin hardened and was made of "very hard plates", giving him a natural armour.Now the greatest feats: He is able to withstand the punches and kicks of an angry Raziel, these punches did not even tear his skin, and kain was simply laughing at the punches. Raziel,who is able to pierce large blocks of iron effortlessly,Can send flying a big metal door with one kick.
Kain Is able to withstand dozens of blows of the Wraith Blade of Raziel.A casual strike of the Wraith Blade,Can cast back 4 tentacles of the Elder God,someone that can drill dozens of meters of rock in a second and can destroy Buildings with each tentacle.Its greatest feat was at 30 years old, being able to withstand several blows of The Soul Reaver, the Soul Reaver is between 8 and 10 times more powerful,if not more,than the Wraith blade.He suffered damage, but not a significant one.
The force/energy that is needed to hurt Kain, It would have to be able to destroy,multiple large Buildings,likely higher.
Kain has the ability to increase his physical endurance by consuming blood, taking into account that his best feat was at 30 years and its current state,over 1530 years, and like fighting with armies,its resistance should have increased astronomically.Possibly resisting attacks capable of destroying mountains.
Kain can endure a lot of damage and remain conscious, Kain only remained unconscious 2 times throughout his long life:
The first being young much weaker than being elder, against the Hylden Lord, after Kain was betrayed with an ambush and the Hylden Lord gave him a clean blow with Glyphs magic (which is like Kryptonite Vampiric).
The second was when he faced Raziel for the third time, Raziel was being absorbed by the Blood Reaver (something that Kain did not want), Kain was worried about Raziel, lowering his guard, something that Raziel took advantage of and ripped out his heart,after being weakned by the Wraith Blade,even that did not leave him unconscious and remained standing, only after throwing it with telekinesis,for a dimensional portal, remain unconscious,and only for seconds/minutes. All this without taking into account, his abilities that allow him to avoid the damage,immortality and regeneration.
Mastery with weapons: Kain is known for being an expert swordsman, using his sword "The Soul Reaver", has been able to defeat, highly trained soldier armies, easily, and has been improving his mastery in it for thousands of years, however, Kain in his youth has used other weapons quite well,be they short, medium or long swords,one-handed axes, either normal or double, two-handed axes,maces, clubs,sticks and probably bows, All these weapons Kain learned to use safely, since as a noble human, he was a knight for more than 10 years.
Stealth mastery: Kain is very good at infiltrating places, has been able to reorder entire cities, with highly trained soldiers,undetected, camouflaging with the environment, and managed to inflict several times on fortresses full of undetected soldiers.
Strategist / tactician: While Kain is arrogant, he is not stupid, Kain is a very good strategist, that was shown in the Blood Omen 2 boss fights, where Kain was at disadvantange an had to improvise strategies to defeat his opponents. feat was conquist Nosgoth (a super Continent) with his Lieutenants (6 Vampires) in 100 years, even when the humans had killed all the vampires in and having to deal with all the other Nosgoth creatures.
Infinite Cognition/Supermind: Kain is also intelligent in other areas,Kain has a Evolved mind, he was able to look in the chronoplast,process and understan the information that he gave him, the chronoplast allows the viewer to see the "paths" of time, that is, it allows you to see the past, present and future Any event that the person wishes, well Kain had to look at the chronoplast and was able to process and understan all this information, to understand this feat better, a developer clearly explains:
"Does moebius literally see the time stream? The" paths "of the past, present and future? I wonder if most of his power comes from the Elder Gods" vision "and not simply his own natural power or is it all his own gift ? "
"Moebius sees the time stream the same way Kain does: through the Chronoplast. He's the Guardian of the Time Pillar so his ability is separate from the Elder God's. Before you think, "Well that's not such a great thing then. Not a reall 'power' per se." Think about this: When he looks into the Chronoplast, he sees the various weavings of time, wrapping, unfolding and refolding, and is able to take it in without going mad. Only Kain, as an immortal vampire, had the time to sort out what he sees in the Chronoplast, and it took the better part of a century. "
After the developer clarifies something that is also said in the games,Kain basically was able to process and understan,an infinite information in a certain time,so Kain has an infinite cognition capacity.
"Yeah, being the Guardian of Time, meant you didn't go mad looking into the Chronoplast. Remember Kain's line "As a man, I could never contain such forbidden truths" at the end of SR1 / intro to SR2. Infinite possibility makes your eyes go all cross eyed ".
Kain's extended dialogue:
"Eternity is relentless, Raziel. When I first stole into this chamber, centuries ago, I did not fathom the true power of knowledge. "
"To know the future, Raziel - to see its paths and streams tracing out into the infinite ... As a man, I could never have contained such forbidden truths. But each of us is so much more than we once were"
-Kain to Raziel,ending SR 1/intro SR 2
Magical Resistances/immunities and Weaknesses: Kain - possibly thanks to being a Balance Guardian, by collecting power ups in his youth and his Evolution - overcame almost all his vampiric weaknesses and showed other resistances: By drinking from the Blood Fountains that were in Nosgoth, he became Immune to rainwater and snow. He was immune to the effects of the Dark Eden energy dome, which in Kain's own words: "expanded, absorbing and recreating, consuming life and leaving behind only a twisted parody". In Blood Omen 2, Kain resisted Marcus's mind control with little effort, however Kain could not prevent Marcus from reading his mind for a few moments. In that same combat he proved to be immune to the frequency of sound that weakens vampires. The Elder Kain's skin not only hardened, but also made him immune to the sun's rays that weakened him. Finally, Kain could only be killed with the Soul Reaver and he prove to be resistant to the power of soul absorption of the blade.
The only vampiric weakness that it conserves is water, which is as if it were acidic for vampires, however to cause it real harm, it would have to be a large amount and Kain would have to be completely submerged for a few seconds, kain has transformations, which they allow to escape from great sources of water, such as lakes or rivers and even a transformation that makes it immune to it or he can simply teleport, in addition to all that, water for kain is not a mortal weakness, so it really is not a weakness that is very exploitable
Regeneration and Immortality: Kain like every Vampire can't die from age and disease,also has regenerative abilities,being able to regenerate wounds that do not involve amputations,Virtually instantly :
"Physical wounds are fleeting - a vampire's immortal flesh begins to close as soon as it is cleaved.
In addition to that, he has the ability to decompose and reform into dozens of bats.This happens automatically if the body is badly damaged,It's going to fall in the water,etc.And it also prevents amputations.As Scion of Balance,he is a True Immortal,that will be further developed when we talk about his powers of Scion of Balance.
Summary of Kain's powers/Abilities
- True Immortality and regeneration.
- Superhuman Physical Characteristics.
- Superhuman Jump.
- Statistics Amplification (Damage and Speed).
- High Combat skills.
- SuperMind/Evolved Mind.
- Stealth mastery.
- Weapons mastery.
- Shapeshifting into a Bats (Flight),Wolf,Mist (intangibility) and Human.
- Shooting magic projectiles.
- Light,Lightning and Fire manipulation.
- Soul manipulation.
- Blood manipulation.
- Slow Down time and Time Stop (only can frozen one creature at time).
- Mind control.
- Non-Physical interaction and Enchanted senses (can see and destroy spirits).
- Power absorption.
- Gain physical strength and endurace by drinking Blood.
- Ability to generate stun.
- Forcefield generation.
- Inspire Hate in enemies,wich causes that attack each other.
Kain as Scion of Balance, has the powers of the Circle of Nine:
- Universal Balance: As Scion of Balance,Kain "Balances the entire Universe" (i.e.is a creature of universal power).
- Entity Manipulation: Kain can manipulate directly the entities of his World,being this: Mind,Conflict,Time,Nature,Energy,Death,States,Dimension and Balance .This entities gives to Kain,the following powers:
- Energy Manipulation and Projection.
- Creation (able to create objects with energy and posible life).
- Transmutation (with energy).
- Reflect/transferal Physical Damage.
- Life/Nature/Biological manipulation.
- Elemental manipulation: Fire,Lightning/Electricity,Light,Water, Earth,Air,Ice/Snow,Magma and Darkness.
- Poison manipulation.
- Comunne Nature.
- Summon Natural Phenomena (Weather Manipulation,Manipulation of: Physical,Chemical,Biological,Geological,Astronomical,etc,phenomena (Summon Natural Disasters,Manipulate gravity,descomposition,etc).
- Ability to see/persive differents dimensions.
- Dimensional travel.
- Able to summon/send creatures from/to other dimensions with portals.
- Illusion Creation.
- Enchanted Telekinesis.
- Duplication (with illusions).
- Telepathy (including read mind and feel emotions).
- Summon undead beings.
- Soul remove and Sealing.
- Resurrection and self-resurrection.
- Hell-Fire Manipulation.
- Empathic/Emotions manipulation.
- Draw energy from the battle (infinite Energy).
- Summon Shadows.
- invulnerability (while perform "Discard Bolt").
- Matter State manipulation.
- Spatial Manipulation.
- Time manipulation: Slow down,speed up and time stop.
- Illusions from the past and future.
- Space-Time manipulation (combine the powers of the dimension and time Guardian).
- Power Bestowal and Nulification: Kain can "Create" Guardians (given them,the power of his respective pillar) and also "Destroy" pillar Guardians (take away the powers).
- Acausality 2.
- Reality Warping.
- likely more.
Resistance to: Soul Absorption,Mind Control,Transmutation,Madness manipulation and Heat.
As Scion of Balance,resistance to: Precognition and Fate Manipulation
Blood Omen 1
Shape-shifting: Kain can change of form into:
-Mist form: With the form of mist,Kain it becomes intangible against attacks and physical projectiles, as well as magical / energetic (it is only intangible to magic and energy when purified and converted into Scion of Balance), it also becomes immune to water and can pass through bars. It allows Kain to move faster than normal, it is able to activate and deactivate it in fraction of seconds. Normally Kain cannot attack in this form, but if are in contact with natural mist, can do so while maintaining its intangibility.
-Werewolf: Kain's turn into a black big werewolf,kain in this form can move more quikly than normal,jump maters of distance,can attack with his claws.The Werewolf become much more powerful during full moon.
-Bats: Kain can turn into a band of bats,allowing travel large distance quickly,also if the body of Kain suffer a major damage,he descompose and reform in bats, regenerating.
-Beguile/disguise : Kain change his aparence in human,useful to inflitrate and find information.
Repel: Create an energy field that makes Kain invulnerable and reflects magical spells.
Soul Death: Launches a projectile that removes the soul from the target.
Mind Control: With this spell Kain could throw a magic projectile that allowed him to replace a Human's Soul with his own, completely taking control of his victim's body and it's actions. While possessing an enemy, Kain's soul-absent body would be protected against all damage by a Repel barrier. The body possessed by Kain would immediately perish if it sustained enough damage or if the spell's grip was released, allowing him to regain control of his real body.
Spirit Wrack: Could be considered an upgraded version of the Control Mind spell, because it allowed Kain to fire a magical projectile that replaced any creature's Soul with his own, taking full control of his victim's body. Like the Control Mind spell, while his soul was absent, Kain's body would be fully protected by a Repel-like barrier; and if he decided to release his grip from the possessed body or it sustained enough damage, that body would inevitably perish
Blood Shower: Kain removes blood from every creature in a range of 10 to 15 meters,Kain has to rise the arms.
Blood Gout: When used, it allowed Kain to create a projectile from his own blood which upon striking an enemy, would drain their blood to feed Kain.
Incapacitate: Launches a projectile that freezes the person in time.
Inspire hate: Can inspire hate among the enemies, causing them to attack each other.
Lightning: Summon thunderbolts of the sky that fall at real speed and disintegrates enemies.This spell only can be make outside.
Stun: Causes a mental shock, which leaves the victim stunned.Also work with ghost.
Light: Kain create artificial light, it allows to illuminate an entire area, for several seconds, useful to avoid traps and avoid ambushes in dark places.
Sanctuary: The spell enabled him to Teleport back to his grave from any place in Nosgoth. If Kain's health was very low, this spell would also partially refill his blood vial when used.
Energy bolt: This spell allowed Kain to throw an energy projectile against his enemies in a straight-line course. The projectile could be used to activate switches located in unreachable places and was quite deadly against early enemies
Biological Evolution: Pupating, also referred to as evolution or devolution, is a characteristic unique to the Vampires descended from Kain and the own Kain. All such Vampires evolve by "retreating into quiescent states from which they emerge transformed", developing new dark gifts and abilities corresponding to their individual traits.
Enchanted senses and not-physical interaction: Kain is able to see and interact with spirits.
Blood Omen 2
Absorbing veins/Power Absorption: When Kain drink the Blood of a powerful creature he "absorbs his veins" and gain the Dark gift (special abilities) of the creature.
Vampire Lord: Kain by drinking Blood,allows him to recover and also gain physical strentgh and endurace.
Fury: Allows Kain make a much more powerful strike that normal, with his hands or a weapon.
Berserk: Allows Kain to attack and move, more quickly than normal.
Floating: Allows Kain to silently land nearby Enemies and strike undetected.The ability could also be used to slightly extend the range of Kain's jumping.
Jump/Super leap: Allows Kain to jump great distances.
Charm: Charm was the ability to "subjugate [mortal] minds" and control their actions, as long as they were nearby.
Immolate: Create a ring of fire that lifts the enemy in the air and then aflame.
Soul Reaver 1
Soul Necromancy: Kain is able to divide his own soul into several fragments, these soul fragments can be used to return to life corpses (in addition to turning them into vampires), the person that Kain resurrects with this method, obtains much of Kain's powers , however, this process leaves him quite exhausted, having to rest or consume blood to recover, likewise as many times as he does, he will have to give a smaller and smaller portion of his soul, and therefore the resuscitated is less powerful.
Lightning manipulation/generation: Kain can cast 2 types (more 1 variation) of electric Rays from his hands:
- Powerful short-range rays. This reaches 3 meters away, weakens/kill and immobilizes the target.
- Rays of long range: Kain uses it when the enemy is far away, he can control the direction and speed of the lightning, this is a little less powerful than the short range Rays:
- Yellow: is done with two hands, kain controls speed and movement.
- Violet: is a little more powerful than yellow, kain can control direction, but not speed.
These rays yellow and violet, are rays of charge, yellow takes 4 seconds to cast and the violet 1.8 seconds.
Teleportation: A normal teleportation that Kain can use for move or for combat. This ability his use also in Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance. The time to make varies but also is less that 1 second,also the form varies,sometimes Kain have the close his hands and anothers only with his mind, without moving.
Telekinesis (Blood Omen 1 and 2, Soul Reaver 1-2 and Defiance): Kain can manipulate objects to distance, can keep people in the air and move them in all directions, it can attack enemies internally, damaging them inside or drawing their blood, can can destroy large stone pillars (of more of 200 tons) simply moving his hand can make telekinetic explosions, hang the enemies and can create chains that immobilize the enemy in the air, regardless of what Kain does.
Scion of Balance powers
When Raziel purified Kain with the Spirit Reaver (Raziel's wraith Blade, combined with all the souls of the Balance Guardians),Kain was "elevated" to a higher state, going from being a Guardian Balance to Scion of Balance.
Universal Balance: Kain as Scion of Balance is a Universal entity,(i.e is a creature of universal power).
"The Scion of Balance balances the entire world/universe and therefor is able to attack/hurt the Elder God".
Kain as Scion of Balance,can Create/Destroy Pillar Guardians at Will, and purify other beings:
" Once Raziel purified Kain, destroying the curse of Nupraptor, both the hole in his chest and the ancient scar were removed, symbolizing Kain as the purified Scion of Balance. Kain's primary ability as the Scion of Balance was to create new pillar guardians. (which he couldn't do before because of the curse. Everything he created would be subverted.. like the lieutenants) His ability was to also kill the guardians if needed, and to purify others."
Kain as Scion of Balance,balance the entities of his world (for that he can create guardians),and has access to the power of the "Pillars of Nosgoth",although to a lesser extent,than pure guardians,The Circle of Nine:
"The Scion of Balance balances on a greater scale (than the Balance Guardian),balancing the world's entities and the Pillar's place in it.Purified and empowered with the Soul Reaver,he can use the powers of all the guardians to accomplish this goal, though to a lesser extent than the pure circle members."
There are 9 pillars in total, being indestructible, each one having a Guardian, these guardians are known as "The circle of Nine", each Pillar is connected to his guardian, either physically (giving him powers and givin them extremy longevity) or spiritually (if a guardian gets corrupted, the pillar will too).
The pillars are linked to the health of the world, if the pillars are healthy, the world is healthy,if the pillar are corrupt or destroyed, the world is effected.
Each Pillar, and their respective Guardian, was assigned to a principle: Mind, Dimension, Conflict, Nature, Balance, Energy, Time, States, and Death.
GUARDIAN OF MIND:
Description: The Mind guardian; They were charged with reigning over the limitless power of thought, consciousness, and emotion.
Ability to be hypersensitive to peoples' emotions and thoughts: Basicaly be able to know thoughts peoples and be able to feel his emotions.
Telepathy: Can commune with peoples only with his mind.
Telekinesis: Able to move/manipulate objects with the mind.Can move multiple objects in differents directions.
illusion creation: The guardian has the ability to create illusions.the types that has shown are: create copyes of himself and create spheres physics,and likely can create much more.The illusions make real damage with his strikes and abiilities.
GUARIAN OF DIMENSION:
Description: The Dimension guardian ;They were charged with controlling and defining the very boundaries, consistency, and form of space itself.
Dimensional view: they have the ability to see/persive different dimensions.
Dimensional travel: Able to Move/travel between dimensions.
Spatial manipulation: The Guardian can " controlling and defining the very boundaries, consistency, and form of space itself.
Teleportation: A normal teleportation.
Dimensional portals and doors: Ability to create dimensional portals to send or summons items/creatures.The items summoned would depend on the guardians life as the demons Azimuth (a dimension guardian)summoned were banished upon her death and thus the beings summoned were loyal to the guardian as the guardian was their umbilical cord to the land of nosgoth.
GUARDIAN OF CONFLICT:
Description: The Conflict Guardian; They were charged with presiding over the precepts of change and upheaval.
Draws energy from the battle: The ability of the Pillar of Conflict allows the guardian to "Draw energy from the battle".Which basically gives him infinite energy / stamina since while he or others fight around, he absorbs energy.
Emotional/empathic manipulation: Can inspire hate among the enemies, causing them to attack each other and can make a spell that cause calm .
Call Shadows: The Guardian an summon alies to the battle,like four Shades (special type of shadows)
Ofensive and Defensive magic: The guardian can cast magic to fight like, energy projection (small projectiles or walls of energy) and manipulate fire.
Discard Bolt: The guardian is invulnerable when casting these single seeking guide projectiles.
GUARDIAN OF NATURE:
Description: The nature guardian; They were charged with governing over plants, animals, and all forms of natural life in Nosgoth and manipulates the behavior of life and the elements.
Elmental manipulation: The guardian can manipulate the elements,at least Fire,Water,Earth, Air,Magma,Ice and Ligthning,likely they can manipulate all fundamental elements in Nosgoth,that means,they also can manipulate Light and Darkness.
Commune nature: The guardian has the ability to commune with nature like plants,animals,etc.
Nature/life/biologic manipulation: Through his magic he can change the nature of life itself, animating plants and influencing animals,he can summon special plants like tentacles multi-dimensionals,make that the plants throw poisonous toxin."Can warp creatures growth and abilities" Creating "new and weird life forms for his own purposes" for example make that throw Bump,poison and likely many more uses
Summon Natural Phenomena: Kain can summon and manipulate,Natural phenomena wich includes: "Weather,fog,thunder,tornadoes; biological processes,decomposition, germination; physical processes, wave propagation,erosion;tidal flow,and natural disasters such as electromagnetic pulses,volcanic eruptions,and earthquakes".
List of Natural phenomena:
- Weather Manipulation: Kain has a total control over the Weather,can sense, create,shape and manipulate weather, i.e. the meteorological patterns, creating rain, wind, hail, lightning, snow, sleet,fog and temperature changes.This includes the ability to generate various natural phenomena like tornados or control the intensity of the weather in highly concentrated (inside room) or vastly extended (continental) areas.
There are four main factors of Weather manipulation:
- Air Manipulation - for wind and related effects.
- Electricity Manipulation - lightning in all variations.
- Thermal Manipulation - make it cold or hot.
- Water Manipulation - rain, snow, fog, etc.
- Gravity - ( Gravity Manipulation ): Kain can create, shape and manipulate gravity, a natural phenomenon by which all matter is brought together, toward one another. If they exist, the user may be able to manipulate gravitons, hypothetical elementary particles that mediate the force of gravitation.
User can bend gravity to make the environment very “heavy” or “light”, cause objects to “fall” toward another object instead of the earth (“nexus inducing”), flatten objects, and generate miniature black holes to compress objects into oblivion. They can repel and attract matter and energy regardless of its mass or move objects in a manner similar to telekinesis.
Offensive uses of this power include repulsing people or objects with such force to shatter practically anything, increasing gravity to crush or immobilize opponents, decreasing it to render them defenseless, or surrounding one's body in a gravitational field to amplify physical strength. Defensive uses include creating a gravitational force-field to repel all manner of attacks or anchoring oneself to the ground.
- Boiling - Boiling is the rapid vaporization of a liquid, which occurs when a liquid is heated to its boiling point, the temperature at which the vapour pressure of the liquid is equal to the pressure exerted on the liquid by the surrounding atmosphere.
- Freezing - Freezing is a phase transition where a liquid turns into a solid when its temperature is lowered below its freezing point. In accordance with the internationally established definition, freezing means the solidification phase change of a liquid or the liquid content of a substance, usually due to cooling
- Crystal growth - Crystal growth is the process where a pre-existing crystal becomes larger as more growth units (e.g. molecules, ions) add in their positions in the crystal lattice or a solution is developed into a crystal and further growth is processed.
- Oxidation - Redox (reduction–oxidation),is a type of chemical reaction in which the oxidation states of atoms are changed. Redox reactions are characterized by the transfer of electrons between chemical species, most often with one species (the reducing agent) undergoing oxidation (losing electrons) while another species (the oxidizing agent) undergoes reduction (gains electrons).The chemical species from which the electron is stripped is said to have been oxidized, while the chemical species to which the electron is added is said to have been reduced. In other words: Oxidation: is the loss of electrons or an increase in the oxidation state of an atom by another atom, an ion, or a molecule.
- Reduction - is the gain of electrons or a decrease in the oxidation state of an atom by another atom, an ion, or a molecule.
- Rusting - Rust is an iron oxide, a usually red oxide formed by the redox reaction of iron and oxygen in the presence of water or air moisture. Several forms of rust are distinguishable both visually and by spectroscopy, and form under different circumstances.
- Descomposition- organic substances are broken down into a much simpler form of matter
- Metabolism - is the set of life-sustaining chemical reactions in organisms. The three main purposes of metabolism are: the conversion of food to energy to run cellular processes; the conversion of food/fuel to building blocks for proteins, lipids, nucleic acids, and some carbohydrates; and the elimination of nitrogenous wastes.
- Catabolism - is the set of metabolic pathways that breaks down molecules into smaller units that are either oxidized to release energy or used in other anabolic reactions. Catabolism breaks down large molecules (such as polysaccharides, lipids, nucleic acids and proteins) into smaller units (such as monosaccharides, fatty acids, nucleotides, and amino acids, respectively).Catabolism is the breaking-down aspect of metabolism, whereas anabolism is the building-up aspect.
- Anabolism - is the set of metabolic pathways that construct molecules from smaller units. These reactions require energy, known also as an endergonic process.Anabolism is the building-up aspect of metabolism, whereas catabolism is the breaking-down aspect.
- Fermentation – converts sugar to acids, gases and/or alcohol.
- Growth - The term cell growth is used in the contexts of biological cell development and cell division (reproduction). When used in the context of cell development, the term refers to increase in cytoplasmic and organelle volume, as well as increase in genetic material following the replication during S phase. This is not to be confused with growth in the context of cell division, referred to as proliferation, where a cell, known as the "mother cell", grows and divides to produce two "daughter cells".
- Natural Disasters: User can create, shape and manipulate all forms of natural disasters, including avalanches, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hydrological disasters, meteorological disasters, wildfires, health disasters, space disasters, etc.
- Avalanche Creation: The user has the ability to create/generate avalanches (also called a snowslide or snowslip), which is a rapid flow of snow down a sloping surface.Avalanches are typically triggered in a starting zone from a mechanical failure in the snowpack (slab avalanche) when the forces on the snow exceed its strength but sometimes only with gradually widening (loose snow avalanche). After initiation,avalanches usually accelerate rapidly and grow in mass and volume as they entrain more snow. If the avalanche moves fast enough some of the snow may mix with the air forming a powder snow avalanche,which is a type of gravity current.
- Disaster Inducement: The user has the power to induce disastrous events onto any kind of event.They could make celebrations where everyone is having fun turn into a riot or a constructing of a house going according to plan turn into a disaster that results in the house being destroyed.Anything good can be made into a bad situation.As Murphy's Law says,what can go wrong, will go wrong.
- Disaster Negation: User can negate any/all disasters and disaster-using powers including physical,metaphysical, supernatural and abstract/conceptual disasters. Undoing the targets existence at least on temporary/local scale.
- Drought Creation: The user can create droughts: an extended period when a region receives a deficiency in its water supply, whether atmospheric, surface or ground water. A drought can last for months or years, or may be declared after as few as 15 days.
- Earthquake Generation: The user can create earthquakes at will.
- Fissure Creation
- Destroy a city/town.
- Destroy an island.
- If powerful enough, user may destroy an entire continent or region.
- Causes sea-quakes through seismic activity on seabeds, causing Tsunami's.
- Can create avalanches and/or landslides.
- Eruption Inducement: Users can cause volcanic eruptions, sending out lava and ash, they can do this by either awakening existing volcanoes or making a new one to cause an eruption.
- Earthquake Generation
- Ash Generation
- Lava Generation
- Vibration Emission
- Cause dormant volcanoes to awaken
- Epidemic Creation: The user can create epidemic, rapid spread of infectious disease to a large number of people in a given population within a short period of time, usually two weeks or less.
- Disease Inducement
- Pestilence Inducement
- Flood Creation: The user can create flood: an overflow of water that submerges land which is usually dry. Floods Directive defines a flood as a covering by water of land not normally covered by water. The primary effects of flooding include loss of life, damage to buildings and other structures, including bridges, sewerage systems, roadways, and canals.
- Hurricane Creation: The user can create hurricanes to cause massive damage, the strength of the hurricane depends on the power/skill of the user and the environmental factors.
- Rain Creation
- Storm Creation
- Tidal Wave Generation
- Immensely powerful Wind Generation
- Meteor Summoning: User can summon or create meteors causing massive and widespread damage.
- Create a comet, which is composed of icy gas, to freeze opponents.
- Create meteors with close by materials to simulate the effects of meteor shower.
- Fire a single meteor, akin to a cannonball.
- Storm Manipulation: User can sense, create, shape and manipulate storms, including strong wind, hail, thunder and/or lightning (a thunderstorm), heavy precipitation (snowstorm, rainstorm), heavy freezing rain (ice storm), strong winds (tropical cyclone, windstorm), or wind transporting substance through the atmosphere as in a dust storm, blizzard, sandstorm, etc.
- Storm Generation: The user is able to generate various storms of wind, rain, hail, snow, sand, dust, and lightning.
- Blizzard Creation
- Cosmic Storm
- Firestorm Creation
- Hurricane Creation
- Ice Storm Creation
- Rain Generation
- Sub-Zero Rain
- Sandstorm Creation
- Thunderstorm Creation
- Tornado Creation
- Supernova Inducement: The user is able to cause stars to go supernova, a stellar explosion that is more energetic than a nova. This explosion can end the entire solar system life,but not destroy it. Higher-level users may be able to cause even stars that are not massive enough to go supernova.
- Black Hole Creation with the evolution of said star's collapse.
- Explosion Inducement of suns/stars
- Omnicide within the solar system.
- Star Destruction
- Solar Radiation Generation
- Tidal Wave/Tsunami Generation: The user can call forth huge water waves to crash down at their targets, washing everything away in a powerful torrent. Note that various fluid elements can be used to generate the tidal wave, including lava, sand, and blood.
- Create a powerful wave of water to wash everything away.
- Destruction of multiple buildings,Citiesá/Town even higher Depending of the potency.
- Use the powerful surges of the Crushing waves to crush the opponents.
- Ride on the waves to quick travel.
- Extinguish heavy fires quickly.
- Tornado Creation: The user can create tornadoes, whirlwinds and similar forms of wind storms.
- Whirlpool Generation: The user can generate whirlpools, swirling bodies of water that can be used to attack or trap enemies
GUARDIAN OF ENERGY:
Description: The energy guardian; her field of magical specialty is the harnessing and manipulation of energy.They ruled over the wild arching power that spawns the storm and sparks life itself.
Energy fire manipulation: the guardian can cast small projectile of energy blue fire (likely fire in high temperature),that chase the enemy.
Lightning manipulation: the guadian can manipulate the electricity:
- Lightning: Summon thunderbolts of the sky that fall at real speed and disintegrates enemies.
- Sky fury: This spell calls lightning from its fingertips to blast in the objetive direction. This is a fairly hard projectile to dodge due to its speed. It takes a long time to cast.
Creation: the guardian can manipulate the energy to create object,this is see when a energy guardian (DeJoule) create spheres of energy to the combat,likely they can create other objects too.And likely can create life: "They ruled over the wild arching power that spawns the storm and sparks life itself".
Powering devices: the guardian has the ability to draw energy and manipulate it to power objects / devices.
Energy aura: the guardian has show to manipulate the energy to create at least 2 types of different auras:
- Skin aura: the guardian can make a "skin of energy" that has different types of effect of who stay close of her: "This magical aura has an insidious effect on anybody standing nearby - sapping their energy and blistering their skin, sterilizing cells, etc".
- Tempest's Cloak: Using its contrat over the omnipresent surges of energy, this Guardian can imbue its own body or the bodies of its allies with a shocking force. Any physical attack upon the effected target while in this state will cause just as much damage back upon the attacker.
Transmutation: the energy guardian can manipulate the forms of life,this shown when one of the energy guardian,create a expansive red dome of energy,that "absorbing,recreating,consuming life,only leave behind a twisted parody".
GUARDIAN OF TIME:
Description: They were charged with keeping the flowing currents and movements of the temporal world in check.
Time manipulation: the guardian can manipulate the flow of time,they can speed up time,slow time to at least 4 times his normal speed,and posibly can stop time and freeze a creature in time (the incapacitate spell is probably a one of his abilities,but this in not confirmed).
Underestan the flow of time: the guardiany can understan the flow of time,also called the time-stream, they sees the various weavings of time, wrapping, unfolding and refolding,literaly infinite posiblities, and are able to take it in without going mad.This ability is what makes the Time Guardians almost omnicient, since they are able to see by different means, every event of the past, present and future, perfectly.
Illusions from the past and future: the guardian can create an illusion of the past or future of the different peoples,including his oponent,he has control of the illusion,the illusion has the powers and physical abilities of the victim and can cause real damage.
GUARDIAN OF STATES:
Descrption: They were charged with presiding over the shapes and forms of all physical matter.
Matter state manipulation: The State Guardian is able to change the states of matter at will (Solid,Liquid,Gaseous),as well as can warp the states to make them different.
- Air Solidification: The user can manipulate pressure in the air molecules to solidify the air, with the level of solidity going from loose jelly to metal-like hardness or beyond.
- Condensation: User can condense gases into liquids, changing their state of matter from gas to liquids. This is how rain happens when it gets cold in the sky where the clouds are.
- Combustion Inducement: Users can increase the kinetics of atoms and molecules causing them to ignite. This process creates heat and light that the user can use,from create: Fire,Explosions,Heat to Light.
- Density Manipulation: User can manipulate and alter the density and solidity of object or part of the object,whether living or non-living. Some users may be able to manipulate size/volume as well.
- Disintegration: The user can cause targets (whether organic or inorganic material) to lose cohesion in various means.Some can make matter fall apart, wipe away their target on a molecular/sub-molecular level or even revert matter into pure energy. Regardless of the means, the target is reduced to either molecular/sub-molecular dust or energy but not absolutely annihilated.
- Elasticity: The user is or can become extremely malleable and elastic, allowing them to stretch,flatten, deform, expand, and contract their whole body,including limbs,torso,neck, etc.They can control how elastic/flexible they or parts of them are, allowing user to change their bodies into various tools or other constructs.
They are extremely hard to wound or hurt due to their body reflexively absorbing damage by stretching with attacks,but may still feel pain.
- Evaporation: User can cause objects, including themselves and/or other beings, atoms separate and lose cohesion, "evaporating" into the surrounding environment. They can either fuse target back together or sublimate target by fatally dispersing the atoms/molecules into nothingness. During the process of vaporization and fusing, target may move to a new location, which is why this is often mistaken for teleportation.
- Gas Manipulation: User can create, shape and manipulate anything that is gaseous, a phase of matter characterized by relatively low density,high fluidity/no definite shape, and lack of rigidity. Gas is very compressible but tends to expand indefinitely, and it fills any container.A small change in temperature or pressure produces a substantial change in its volume.
As most gases are difficult to observe directly,they are described through the use of four physical properties or macroscopic characteristics: pressure, volume, number of particles (chemists group them by moles) and temperature.
- Granulation: The user can transform people and objects into small particles,ranging in size from relatively rough to fine dust.
- Ground Liquification: The user is able to liquefy any ground type (such as ice,rock,sand,lava,etc.).
- Liquid Manipulation: User can create, shape and manipulate anything that is liquid, the only state of matter with a definite volume but no fixed shape. A liquid is made up of tiny vibrating particles of matter, such as atoms and molecules, held together by intermolecular bonds.
Like a gas, a liquid is able to flow and take the shape of a container, but unlike a gas, a liquid does not disperse to fill every space of a container, and maintains a fairly constant density. Some liquids resist compression, while others can be compressed. A distinctive property of the liquid state is surface tension, leading to wetting phenomena.
- Melting: User can liquefy objects/organisms by causing the molecules to merge together and thus lose total physical cohesion. Viscosity depends on the object being liquified, if it has a high water content then the object could become completely water-like liquid. If the object is rock-like or inorganic, then it will become a thick and mud-like liquid, while metal would become like mercury.
- Petrification: The user can transform matter and objects, including living beings, into stone.
- Semisolid Manipulation: User can create,shape and manipulate semisolids semisolid-like object constructs as well as being able to generate or reshape semisolids.
- Solid Manipulation: User can create, shape and manipulate anything that is solid, characterized by structural rigidity and resistance to changes of shape or volume. The atoms in a solid matter are tightly bound to each other, either in a regular geometric lattice (crystalline solids,which include metals and ordinary water ice) or irregularly (an amorphous solid such as common window glass).
- Solidification: User can solidify or give solid-like properties to of liquid,gas,plasma or other form of non-solid mass/energy by causing the loose molecules/particles/energy to come together with the level of solidity going from loose jelly to metal-like hardness or beyond.
- Viscosity Manipulation: The user can manipulate viscosity: the resistance of fluids to a change shape, influencing spraying, injection molding, and surface coating
- Quiescent Transformation: A variation of evaporation.This spell turns the Guardian into mist, making him invulnerable to attack. In this form he has a Dash Attack that if it hits will envelop the onjective and hold in the place.Right before the dash hits, the Guardian will shift back into a solid form for a moment. By trapping the target in this "dash" mode, the guardian will slowly absorb his vital energy.
Shapeshift: The guardians in addition to transforming into mist,have the ability to change shape into wolf, bat and probably more, (the original symbol of the pillar of the states,are the mentioned changes of form), this supports it,the ability Quiescent Transformation,which is nothing more than Kain's improved mist form
GUARDIAN OF DEATH:
Description: Death Guardians held a measure of mastery over the afterlife.They were charged with helping to ensure equivalency between life and rebirth.
Necromancy: The power to utilize magic involving the dead, death-force and/or souls.The guardian has show different types of this abilities between:
- Resurection: The guardian is able to bring the creatures / people back to life. The guardian himself has a self-resurrection ability, being able to use it in combat 2 times, however he returns in a weakened physical state, but his magic remains intact.
- Undead and soul summoning: The guardian has proved able to summon th following creatures:
Skeletons warriors: Skeletons equiped with swords.
Explosives skeletons: The guardian can summon of low range for defense to mid-large range to attack ,explosives skeletons.
Spirit: Brown, Energy Bolt throwing spirit creatures. Shoots homing energy bolts that dissipate after some time.
Shadows: The Guardian can summon shadows.
Soul Manipulation: The guardian of dead ,has the ability to manipulate the souls of creatures.he can remove the souls of the creatures or/and fusion or sealing in different objects.
Dimensional travel: The guardian can travel to the material plane to the spectral plane or vice versa at will.
Space-Time manipulation: Kain combine the powers of the guardian use other abilities,like "Space-Time manipulation",two guardians combine his power (energy and states guardian) prove the ability os space manipulation,if we add to that, the power of the guardian of Time (Time manipulation) , and the power of Dimension Guardians (Spatial manipulation) ,Kain not only would have manipulation of space, but manipulation of space-time.
More power: Kain should be able to combine all the Guardians powers